What a whirlwind! I can't believe we've already been home from Utah for just about two weeks. What a great trip. We owe it all to our families for taking so much time to spend with us. It was so good to be able to spend so much time with family and friends. We are so blessed to have such wonderful families and friends.
Before we traveled home, we were in our respective ruts and digging happily. Justin was busy with school and I was busy with work. We like Columbia and Mizzou a lot. We weren't necessarily making plans to stay, but after 7 months away from home, we were feeling pretty good about being on our own, so to speak.
That all changed really fast. As soon as we saw familiar faces we said, "Columbia, where? Missouri? Never heard of it!" Of course, we're still not sure where the wind will blow us after graduate school but it would be great to get back home. Here's hoping the next 7 months or so will fly by so that we can visit again soon.
Below are some pics of our trip. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I wanted to because I was just trying to enjoy the moment. : ) I hope you enjoy the pictures I did manage to get.
Doesn't this look like an upside down ice cream cone? This is the Community of Christ building across the street from the Visitor's Center.
Because we were flying out of Kansas City rather early and there was supposed to be an ice storm, we decided to stay near the airport. As a result, we were able to stop by the Independence Visitors Center. We were debating whether we should go or not. We were so glad we did. There was no better way to feel of the Christmas spirit than to walk around the visitor's center. They currently have a display of amazing bronze casts depicting different moments in the life of Christ. We walked around looking at those and listening to carols being sung. It was such a great way to start the trip.
Back in SLC with the fam! Good times!!
Andrew looks ready to go! Go crazy, that is!
The Jeppesen family Christmas Eve tradition....driving around, singing Christmas songs and looking at Christmas lights. It was fun. Rachel certainly looks thrilled. Kenneth is enthused and Justin....is about to zonk out I think.
It's a really fun tradition. And a very cozy as well!
Nestled all snug in our one bed.
Two crazy gals!
Playing with some fondant. It was fun to roll it out. I've always been curious as to what it's like to work with fondant. Yes, I will admit I sometimes watch Cake Boss. Anyway, it was pretty fun. Those are two proud chefs!
What is Urinetown? Urinetown is in this picture. Kenneth did a fab-u-lous job as Senator Fipp. (Don't they all look related?!) It was awesome! Urinetown was the first musical we've seen together that Justin really really enjoyed since it's so dang funny. We were so excited to be able to see it at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse while we were there. Being able to see Kenneth in his debut musical performance was even better.
No comments:
Post a Comment