We've got some more pictures from our Nauvoo trip and a wicked midwestern rainstorm the other night. Justin went to the back door to find that we suddenly had a large tributary from the Mississippi in our backyard.
I love this cow. I don't know why. I think it's the eyes. When first visiting Nauvoo as a teenager, my sis and I came across this lovely bovine. Ironic, yes, it is an ad for tobacco right in downtown Nauvoo. But it's just so cute.
I was able to make another trip with our ward Relief Society to Nauvoo after Justin and I had gone. It's nice to have it so close and be able to take a day trip.
I love this view as you come out of the temple and you see the Mississippi in the distance with the statue of Joseph and Hyrum Smith in the foreground. Not to mention the beautiful greenery.
This was the crazy rainstorm. Justin had to swin upstream just to get back to the house. It really hadn't been raining that long before we found this river. It just comes on fast and furious around here to the point where we even had a flash flood warning that day. You can tell it was fairly deep since you can't see Justins feet.
Me, also swimming upstream.
I love the rain!
Justin was nearly swept away!
Please, step into my office. What's the Steve Winwood song...'Back in the high life again' or something like that. Ha ha, okay not really. I do have an office though which is not something I'm used to. The main thing is that I have a job and everyone I work with is really nice and welcoming.
Speaking of the job thing though, it's really amazing how it all works out. It's been a faith promoting experience for Justin and I both moving out here. We knew we were meant to come here and we're grateful for the experiences we're gaining. But all of that aside, it's still scary, especially with no income. The point of it all is, the Lord will provide but sometimes He makes us wait for it and we might start to sweat it out a little, wondering how it will all work out or even if it will. But right as we might be ready to give up or give in, the answer we're looking for falls into our lap. It's pretty amazing how it all works out.
1 comment:
It looks like you guys are having so much fun and enjoying the ride. I hope all stays well. Love you and miss you guys.
Post a Comment