One of the great things about living where we do is the close proximity to so many cool sites. This is particularly true when it comes to church history. We had some family come through Nauvoo last week, so we were able to meet them there for the weekend. We had such a blast and it was so nice to see them. Sadly, it was over too soon but I was able to snap some pictures of our adventures.
We just do as we're told.
This was us playing pioneer games. If you're ever in Nauvoo, this is a really cool stop where they have recreated games and activities that children played in the 1840s. It's really fun. Despite the fun games I'm pretty sure I would have made a lousy pioneer and they would have left me at the side of the trail on the way to Utah. I can't imagine surviving the way that they had to but it's fun to go and see how they made everything work.
The beautiful Nauvoo temple.
The last stop we made was to Carthage, Illinois where Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum were martyred. It's amazing to be able to walk the same steps as those great men. Other than that, we're just trying to keep busy. Justin seems to be succeeding well with that since the summer semester of school is so intense. I'm still on the hunt for a job but hopeful. We're settling in more and more every day so that it's a little easier to call it home here. I guess there has to be opposition in all things...we've been battling with some crazy big, ugly beetles, spiders, ants, etc. which the humidity seems to attract and magnify. The other night on our way home, however, we were driving down a beautiful winding road in a foresty area and got to see the first bunch of lightning bugs we've seen here. It was so cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment