Howdy all! I took the opportunity to take a stroll around campus today and wanted to share some pictures that I snapped. I attempted this same feat earlier in the week, however, I soon learned that if there is a single gray cloud in the sky, you'd better watch out. It was just a little cloudy, then there were a few innocent drops, then I was swimming through a monsoon. I made the mistake of parking a few blocks away and deciding "It's not that cloudy. I'll just leave the umbrella in the car." Mere minutes later, I found myself taking shelter under any tree available and giggling ridiculously at the...well, ridiculousness of the situation. I had to run back across campus through a downpour with my camera in my back pocket so as to avoid getting it wet. So I was giggling, running and clutching my buns to keep everything in my pockets.
Anyway, so I decided to go back today and snap some pictures briefly. They're just some shots around campus, so nothing too exciting but it is a really cool campus so I just wanted to provide a random sample.

This isn't actually on campus but I saw the street name on a map and had to pay a visit since mi familia lives on a street by the same name...or pretty close. So Jeppesen clan: this is for you!


This is just a cool archway at one of the edges of campus. There's an inscription above the archway that says: "Wise shall be the bearers of light." It was poetic so I took a picture. : )

This is a statue of a tiger in front of the alumni center. It's sort of an odd looking tiger...

This is one of my favorite buildings on campus because of the look of the architecture. The columns are from one of the original buildings of the school and are really old. That's about all I know.

Same building, different view.

And...same columns, different view. I got a little crazy doing some touch-up stuff.

This is another favorite on campus. The campus as a whole certainly has a lot of character. Anyway, that's about all. Hopefully we'll have something really exciting to snap pictures of pretty soon. Until then, peace out!
4 comments:
That's more like it! Pictures, pictures, pictures! Kathryn it might be wise to carry an umbrella with you at all times. I always had a spare in my backpack whilst tracting. You see, once all the storm clouds wearily climb and cross the Sierra Nevadas and the Rockies...well...they are pretty pissed off. So thats when they get nasty and take out their frustration on the mid west. Clouds have feelings too.
I'm looking at these pics of Nauvoo again and thinking how great they are. And that's before the photography book review! Sis, you have got talent!
Post a Comment